How I accidentally found Sensitive data exposure!!

 Hello folks, This is Sourav. Hope you are doing awesome on the other side of the screen. I am     security enthusiast and a bug bounty hunter from India. Today I will discuss How I accidentally found a sensitive data exposure during my recon.

Okay folks let's get started without wasting any time...

One fine day I was looking for some premium themes for wordpress websites and that's how I landed upon a website which provides all kinds Web Development solutions. Since I am not allowed to reveal the name of the website so will take example.com for the sake of this writeup.

I don't know what came into me but I thought, let's see how secure is a website itself who provides web development solutions to others. If the website is itself safe enough ?? Let's find out..............


I quickly run amass on example.com and started traversing the application to see how it works. Than I noticed that amass quickly completed its operation.

So quickly I took a look at amass output and started looking for live http servers manually one be one each. 

Than this thing caught my eye and I was like ...............

I can also access the laravel logs, Oauth public/private key...................




  

Now even if this is not enough than let me tell you that I can even download all of this sensitive information along with all of the server side code locally to my computer. 



I quickly stopped my testing and made a report with all of the attached PoC and send it to example.com. And they quickly mitigated this vulnerability without any acknowledgement. 

Timeline 

6th June, 2020  ---------------------------> Report Sent

10th June 2020  ---------------------------> Mitigated without Acknowledgement.



Okay Folks that's all for now. Feel free contact me for any kind of feedback here

Till Then...

Stay Hydrated and Keep Hacking....








 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hacking wordpress websites via xmlrpc.php

Stories of Pre-Account Takeover